I'm all about the music...

I have one of my good friend's DJ Indica latest set called " ElectroSynthesis Avin' It Techno Mix ".

The set itself is a well deserved shot of Acid Techno / Acid House adrenalin and something that sits very nicely on my MP3 player.

I have a problem though. He used a sample at the beginning of his set that has drilled deep into my brain. So much so, I'm found repeating and reciting it all the way to work. I plan on finding it and using it next time I spin somewhere...which should be in the next 20 years or so. From what I can tell, it's an excerpt from a deep house vinyl by and the track is called Therapy. I HAVE to find this.

You can listen to the set HERE and see what I'm talking about. Just click the second link in the list there to hear it. You might wanna crank the speakers up for this.

Just to give you an idea ( and for those who don't have access to speakers or are, say, at work ), the sample is some guy ( presumably a Detroit DJ called Dan Diamond ) either on a phone or a recorded interview or something discussing his love for music. What he says mirrors what a lot of DJ, like myself, feel about music. It goes as follows :

...when I go to a nightclub, you know.
I'm not going for the fire that coming out of the walls...
Yeah..
I'm not going there to go be in the VIP area and drink fancy f*cking champagne...
Nah...
Nah, I'm not going for none of those reasons, to tell you the truth, you know...I'm just going for the music.
I don't need big breaks and a big song with a buildup, lights and smoke... f*ck all that, man. I don't need none of that sh!t.
I just need some good music.

I got enough problems of my own, man, with women and...jobs...DJing...making music, you know, so when I do go out, man, I just wanna have a drink and just sit back, man, and be by myself and just nod my head to some good music, man. I don't wanna be f*cked
with, bothered (not sure about that part in italics)...lights and...dressing nice...
...I'm just a regular guy, you know, who walks into a club and wants to hear a groove...
All different types.
My life ain't gonna change tonight. With years and...years and...
(don't know if it's like that on the vinyl though)
'Cause right now, all we need to do isjust ...bob our heads to this groove right here. You know.
'Cause all you need is a kick drum and a good bassline and a hithat.
You don't need any of that other shit, man. It's aaall confusion.
I was gonna let this groove play and let you understand that...I'm all about the music...




Just plain awesome. And inspiring...

Man...I have something in my eye...*snif*...crap.

2 comments

Make A Comment
top