OMG !!!1!!! YAY !!!!1!! A new HALO book.

Some of you I bothered with these books and those of you not in the know, I will explain :

The first 3 Halo books published a certain time ago. I'm not a big fan of reading books. Not because I dislike it but because I can't find anything interesting enough to read.


About 2 years ago, I was walking around randomly at the downtown Indigo library and found these books on the shelf. Having just completed Halo 2 with my good buddy Stéphane, the storyline was still fresh in my mind. A bit convoluted though : try starting, going through and completing an entire video game in about 6 pot fueled sessions on for size. But I'm nowhere near a fan of fiction books based on a video game or superhero universe.

I read the back cover of the first book of the 3-part series and was intrigued. Paperback books are generally cheap so I gave it a go.

And I was hooked. And blown away.

I finished the book and went back to buy the 2 last ones. I witnessed the calculated birth, upbringing and some of the most extreme missions John-117 ( aka Master Chief ) went through in his existence.

So I'm currently playing through Halo 3 and the saga continues. But I also found out today that 2 NEW books are out, one in april ( which flew over my head apparently ) and one that was released Oct.30 2007.

Needless to say, I will have to buy these two books very soon as the first trilogy rocked my world and made me still believe in reading books. Eric Nylund, who wrote most of the first trilogy, just astounded me with his literary style so I cannot wait to read Ghosts Of Onyx.

I am installing Gears Of War as we speak, I just hope it runs ok on my PC, even if I have to lower the resolution, I don't mind. The gameplay is just incredible, after getting a taste on the 360.

Speaking of which, my friend Ricky might just sell me his 3o buying the Elite. I don't need all the extra stuff so I'll manage with a regular 360. His price is just unriveled. Let's just say it'll be under 200$. Pretty f**king sweet. I should mention I have NO next-generation consoles yet.

And I'm still looking for a Wii despite the good news...

1 comments

Make A Comment
top